I have had one of those weeks where I've really struggled feeling close to God. It's not that I haven't been having my quiet times but rather that I haven't been feeling really connected to Him during those times. I don't know that I can really put my finger on it. But yesterday around lunchtime I finally reached my breaking point and in tears cried out to God. I admitted that I am a sinner (for my attitude has completely stunk this week) and asked Him to help me...to provide comfort. Within a few minutes, I was walking out of Panera Bread with a salad for lunch and I looked down on the ground to see a dime. I actually had to look twice for it to sink in...and at that moment, it made me smile. Not that a dime can actually buy anything in this day and age, but it was just the sentiment...the fact that it reminded me of what I just prayed. I choose to believe it was a little "wink" from God. ;-)
Then last night, I chose to turn the TV off and read a little in my book "The Search for Significance". It took me to a scripture in 2 Peter that I spent additional time studying this morning. Here's what it said:
2 Peter 1:3-4 (NIV)
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."
That is so cool!! He has given us EVERYTHING we need to follow Him and to stand against Satan. His grace allows us to become like Him...it results in godliness. The rest of that passage in 2 Peter 1 is also fantastic but I just wanted to share this little nugget of truth with you today!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE nuggets of truth & this is definitely a good one! Thanks for sharing!! :)
ReplyDelete