Wednesday, May 11, 2011

His Great Name

Hello! It's been such a long time...too long...since I've shared. And it's not because there has been nothing to share. I think perhaps its a combination of busyness and just not thinking about it. The few times I have thought about it, I never got around to it. ANYWAY, I'm bursting at the seams to share about the goodness of our Lord today so here goes.

Do you know the song by Natalie Grant called "Your Great Name"? I just LOVE it. And the more I hear it, the more I love it! Here's a link to listen to it on YouTube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuuLBPOYcI8. The first verse and chorus lyrics are as follows:

[Verse 1:]
Lost are saved; find their way; at the sound of Your great name
All condemned; feel no shame, at the sound of Your great name
Every fear; has no place; at the sound of Your great name
The enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of Your great name

[Chorus:]
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name

In John 1:12 it says "But to all who did receive him who believed in his NAME, he gave the right to become children of God". Romans 10:13
says "Everyone who calls on the NAME of the Lord will be saved." In Philippians 2:9-11 Paul says this about Jesus Christ, "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the NAME that is above every name so that at the NAME of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." In the New Testament alone, there are thousands of references to His great NAME. There is truly SOMETHING about that name...JESUS, JESUS, JESUS...

Last night, after almost a year, a painful, broken relationship in my life was reconciled in HIS GREAT NAME! Salvation, healing, restoration, reconciliation and transformation are ONLY possible because of His great NAME. Thank you, JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment