Team #2 (my team) leaves four weeks from today at the same time that the first team is returning to Dallas! I remember back in November and December when I was sending out letters for support raising, I thought July seemed forever in the future. But as we get closer the time seems to fly. This past weekend, I spent some time going through our packing list and picking up some items I would need for the trip. The women will be wearing pants (like cargo...not jeans) most of the time with a plain t-shirt or something simple. They do not want us wearing things with logos or anything American. In addition, its important that women not show very much skin (i.e. we cannot wear tank tops or anything that shows our shoulders or our chest). As I was thinking about this, I realized my current wardrobe really has two sides...nice things for work or jeans (but not really t-shirts). So I honestly didn't have much that would work for this trip! HA! I praise God that he has provided me with the income that I need to get ready for this trip!!
So, enough about the logistcs for now, I really want to write about something that I am struggling with and have over the last week or so. It's interesting as we get closer to this trip how I start to see Satan attacking me in various areas. This makes complete sense in that we are four weeks away from sharing the love of God to people that don't know Him. So the "Enemy" is working extra hard to try to keep this from happening. It's what our team has discussed as spiritual warfare and it is very real. While I won't go into detail about all the little things that Satan is using to try to distract me, I do want to share the fear that I have experienced lately. What's interesting is it's not fear related to being in Africa or even in sharing the Gospel (as I have experienced before), it's more along the lines of knowing that Satan is going to be doing everything he can to sabotoge this trip. I worry about what he's up to. Will he try to make me sick so that I can't go? I have been working out very hard the last few weeks to prepare myself physically for this trip. In many ways it will be stressful on our bodies. So, I have found myself wondering if he will try to use injury to keep me from going. It's these things that go through my mind. But I know that God would not want me to have a spirit of fear (Romans 8:15). For where the Enemy is working, God is working harder and is ultimately completely in control. I KNOW this. So, I have to give my fear over to God and TRUST Him in this. Even though I have struggled with this, God has been so good to provide reminders of His strength. I have written these on an index card that I keep in my purse. Before I close, I want to share some of those here.
Joshua 1:5 "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Deutoronomy 31:6 "Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
I am so thankful God is on my side! Please be in prayer for our team as we get closer to this trip...for our protection physically, emotionally and spiritually. Thank you!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment